Valens Labs, Kelowna, BC
The Valens Company sets the bar for cannabis testing and is the only lab of its kind in Canada.
The Valens Company needed to create a one-of-a-kind facility in Kelowna to extract and test some of the world’s finest cannabis using the latest technology. The third-party testing that Valens offers at the lab is required by Health Canada for every batch and must adhere to very high standards. The facility needed to:
- Meet GAMP (Good Automated Manufacturing Practice) standards.
- Provide proprietary cannabis processing services across five core technologies.
- Be set up to provide best-in-class product development, formulation and manufacturing of cannabis consumer packaged goods.
The Kimco Solution
Cannabis facilities require a special level of care that Kimco are experts in. The new construction of this cutting edge facility allowed Kimco to pull out all the technological stops. Highly experienced in HVAC, electrical and automation for cannabis facilities, Kimco built and installed integrated smart building systems to create a fine-tuned environment for high-quality cannabis testing and production.
In order to meet the rigorous needs of the Valens Company’s Health Canada and ISO 17025 (the gold standard for lab testing accreditation) standards, Kimco integrated:
- HVAC automation
- An extensive gas detection system
- O2 (oxygen) sensor technology
- Pressure gradient and room monitoring systems
- High-level temperature and humidity control
Cannabis Testing Facility
The Valens Company’s Kelowna lab is a state-of-the-art facility and operates as a leader in research and testing for the cannabis industry. By extracting and testing the world’s finest cannabis, the facility ensures the purity, potency and safety of cannabis products.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay up to date about our company, product news & industry articles.