How To Get An Energy Efficiency Rebate in the Okanagan
Published on: October 07, 2021
You think it’s the right thing to do, but it might be intimidating to upgrade your commercial, residential or industrial building to be more energy efficient.
You think it’s the right thing to do, but it might be intimidating to retrofit or upgrade your commercial, residential or industrial building to be more energy efficient. Energy efficiency upgrade rebates exist to make those changes less daunting and more accessible to owners like you.
What Is An Energy Efficiency Rebate?
Kimco works with the FortisBC rebates program to help eligible FortisBC customers make changes like upgrades to HVAC systems, install EV charging stations, or other green solutions that may seem out of reach.
The rebates program helps provide funding in three ways that cut costs to business owners that want to lower their environmental impact while saving money. Owners stand to save thousands on upgrade costs upfront, never mind the potential savings down the line that comes from having implemented energy-efficient systems.
Equipping your property with an EV charging station has never been easier thanks to rebate programs with Kimco and FortisBC.
What Can Be Upgraded With A Rebate?
There are so many different ways that your building can benefit from an energy-efficient upgrade with Kimco and FortisBC including:
- Electric vehicle charging solutions for residential and commercial buildings
- Commercial lighting automation and controls upgrades
- High-efficiency electric HVAC equipment and heat pump water heaters
- And more … explore the Fortis Rebates Program.
How It Works
There are three simple ways that Kimco and FortisBC can help you save - sustainably:
- Energy Analysis: A Kimco Controls expert conducts an energy efficiency analysis that pinpoints where you can be saving energy. Up to half the cost of this service is covered.
- Offset Costs: Based on the initial analysis, funding is offered to help offset the cost of the identified energy upgrades.
- Implementation: Further bonus funding is available to those who successfully implement the upgrades.
Find out how Kimco and FortisBC can help you save money and energy using an energy efficiency rebate. Contact us today to be a part of the solution, we’ll take care of the rest.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay up to date about our company, product news & industry articles.